Website Crohn's & Colitis Foundation, San Diego & Desert Area Chapter
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-fueled organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.
As volunteer leaders of the Foundation, members of the chapter board of directors’ work in collaboration with staff to implement strategies outlined in the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s Strategic Plan and bring together volunteers to support those activities on a local level. Board members share their wisdom, professional expertise, community contacts, and financial resources.
Boards are charged with the responsibility to raise funds in accordance with established national priorities, develop and nurture relationships that will enhance and advance the Foundation’s mission, implement patient and professional education programs as articulated in the strategic plan, and maintain a strong presence in the community.
· Engage in an Annual Strategic Planning Retreat to develop key priorities for the chapter
· Participate regularly in board meetings (there are 4 board meetings annually)
· Support the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation with an annual personal donation commensurate with your individual ability to give (Each Board Member will be responsible for an Annual Give/Get of $5000)
· Influence others to give & engage with the Foundation
· Identify new leadership volunteers (board and committees) and partner with the Executive Director
· All Board members Lead, Support & Attend:
Lead – Serve on at least one volunteer committee as a member or the Chair
Support – Support Take Steps, spin4, and Special Events through planning, participation, and/or identifying people, companies, sponsors, or resources
Attend: Attend one additional event (from the committee you are on) for the Chapter
Personal – Give a personal and meaningful gift to the organization.
Corporate – Partner with Executive Director to explore opportunities to get your company involved by becoming a partner of one or more of the foundation’s events.
Community – Connect the Foundation with people, companies, leaders in the community and in your network that can be a sponsor, team, donor etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org