We invite new Board members of all professional and personal backgrounds who are:
1. Passionate about creating change on a national scale
2. Dedicated to providing the Kim Center with, or connecting us to, resources that help us thrive
3. Able to contribute expertise in 3 or more of the following areas to supplement organizational
○ Board governance
○ Business development and/or strategy
○ Fundraising, donor development, or grantwriting
○ Government relations
○ LGBTQIA issues
○ Marketing and media
4. Influential in one or more of these areas, locally and/or nationally:
○ Commercial real estate
We ask that Directors commit an average of 1-1.5 hours per month to:
1. Attend meetings:
○ One annual board meeting in late February/early March (3 hours)
○ One maintenance meeting in mid-late September (2 hrs)
○ Ad hoc meetings as scheduled
○ When necessary, attendance may be by conference call or digital means.
○ Board members may not miss more than three (3) consecutive meetings or more than
one-half of the meetings total per year without prior notification.
2. Make the Kim Center one of your top three giving priorities. Give or get, minimum gift $100.
3. Be available to the Executive Director for consultations via email, phone, or personal meetings.
4. Serve a three-year term, with a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms.
5. Support the Kim Center through actions such as:
○ Recruiting clients
○ Connecting with leaders in government or other potential partners
○ Identifying and/or approaching potential donors
○ Seeking opportunities for the Kim Center to create impact that aligns with our mission,
6. Help host and participate in Kim Center and related affiliate events as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org