Website Malashock Dance
The mission of Malashock Dance is to illuminate the power of dance as an invaluable part of the human experience. It is a gathering place for artists to create new work, connect with audiences, and offer unique educational opportunities. We believe dance belongs to everyone.
BOARD MEMBER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Malashock Dance’s Board of Directors advances, guides, and actively supports the mission of Malashock Dance
Roles: As the Board
Support Malashock Dance’s mission, vision, values, programs, and services.
Secure financial and other resources that support the goals and functions of Malashock Dance.
Participate in the identification and cultivation of donors, volunteers, and community partners.
Ensure Board continuity by actively engaging in board and committee recruitment.
Review, adopt and monitor the organization’s operating budget as prepared by the executive staff.
Provide input into the development of strategic and vision plans. Approve annual objectives and ensure the plan is moving forward.
Develop and implement governance and fiscal policies and procedures.
Act in accordance with the by-laws of Malashock Dance and review and amend by-laws as needed.
Protect the assets of the organization, ensuring Malashock Dance is prosperous in the long-term.
Expectations: As an Individual
Commit to at least one full 3-year term as defined in the Malashock Dance by-laws.
Attend at least 75% of board meetings and be prepared to discuss issues and business as outlined on the agenda and presented in reports. Board meetings are scheduled for the THIRD Tuesday of each month from 6 – 7:30 pm PST, currently held on Zoom.
3. Make a personal annual financial contribution that is significant and reflects my capacity, before the end of each fiscal year.
Provide counsel and/or expertise in your field to support the operation of the organization.
Introduce family, friends and colleagues to Malashock Dance events, performances and classes.
Represent Malashock Dance in the community and serve as an advocate on our behalf.
Officers and Terms:
1. In accordance with the by-laws of Malashock Dance & Company, a single term on the Board of Directors is defined as three years.
2. The by-laws allow for a minimum of three and a maximum of 25 members on the Board of Directors.
3. Directors and Officers are elected on an annual basis. Directors and Officers are eligible for re-election without limitation on the number of terms they may serve.
4. Board Officers consist of the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org