Website Foundation for Women Warriors
WE ARE ON A MISSION TO SERVE WOMEN VETERANS AND THEIR CHILDREN SO THAT THEIR NEXT MISSION IS CLEAR AND CONTINUES TO IMPACT THE WORLD. OUR PROGRAMS ENHANCE THE PERSONAL AND ECONOMIC WELLBEING OF WOMEN VETERANS AND ADDRESS THE GROWING NEEDS OF THE INCREASING POPULATION OF MILITARY WOMEN TRANSITIONING TO CIVILIAN LIFE.
Foundation for Women Warriors (FFWW) is seeking new, enthusiastic board members who can bring unique expertise to a dynamic and motivated Board of Directors.
Since 1920, FFWW programs have prevented homelessness and enhanced the economic wellbeing of women veterans and their families. Today, we continue our mission to serve women veterans so that their next mission is clear and continues to impact the world. Through our transition and emergency services programs, we help women veterans remain in/obtain safe and affordable housing, access cost reducing critical items, provide childcare assistance, and connect with local and national resources. We also deliver professional development workshops to enhance economic and family stability.
· Grow your skills as a board and community member.
· Engage with the community to grow FFWW’s network and advance our mission.
· Attend public and private fundraising events.
· Attend educational/professional development workshops and meetings.
· Serve as an advocate and ambassador for FFWW and the women we serve.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve a minimum of one (1) three-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve five (5) three-year terms, if re-elected.
· Participate in a minimum of four (4) Board Meetings annually (quarterly). The full Board of Directors meets remotely every quarter, and in-person once a year.
· Participate in FFWW fundraising and/or contribute $5,000 (monetary and/or in-kind) annually.
· Attend FFWW events and programs, as deemed appropriate by the Board.
· Stay informed about Board matters, appropriately prepare for meetings, and review and provide feedback on minutes and reports.
· Build productive working relationships with other Board members, CEO, donors, and community partners.
· Participate in FFWW’s annual evaluation and strategic planning efforts.
· Participate in the advancement of the strategic plan and provide strategic, generative, and fiduciary governance.
To be considered for a Board of Directors role, please send your CV or resume to Foundation for Women Warriors, Attn: Mariana Sosa by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will be kept confidential and on file at the Foundation of Women Warriors office. Applications are used by the Board’s Nominating Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. All new directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com