Website Hannah's Family Center
Hannah’s Family Center envisions a world where strong families enable children to thrive and communities to prosper. Since 1988, we have helped San Diego families navigate significant adverse changes, trauma and loss. Today we serve all families who find themselves vulnerable or in crisis when the unexpected occurs. HFC unites with each family we serve to enhance strengths, heal traumas, and rebuild family bonds in a new positive way.
Since 1988, Hannah’s Family Center has helped San Diego families navigate significant adverse changes, trauma, and loss. As experts in co-parenting, Hannah’s Family Center knows that early intervention is the key to preserving the family, and that caring adults co-parent all children with love in their hearts. Today we serve all families who find themselves vulnerable or in crisis when the unexpected occurs. Hannah’s Family Center unites with each family we serve to enhance strengths, heal traumas, and rebuild family bonds in a new positive way.
We are seeking new, enthusiastic board members to join a dynamic and motivated Board of Directors, as we continue on our mission to support children and families across the San Diego community. New board members serve for three years with the opportunity to renew. Board meetings are held on a quarterly basis (currently virtually), with committee meetings and other Board activities on an ongoing basis.
OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BOARD
- Participate in one of the committees; Governance, Finance, Philanthropy, Advisory Board
- Take on an Officer role such as President, Secretary, or Treasurer
- Grow your skills as a board and community member
- Attend educational workshops or meetings
- Engage with the community to grow your network and advance the mission
- Attend public and private fundraising events
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BOARD AS A WHOLE
- Determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the CEO/ executive director
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Philanthropy and resource development
- Approving and monitoring HFC programs and services
- Enhancing HFC public image
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of HFC
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS
- Understand Hannah’s Family Center mission, policies, programs
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serves as advocate and ambassador for Hannah’s Family Center and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Hannah’s Family Center to advance its mission
- Identify and leverage personal connections, networks, and resources that can benefit Hannah’s Family Center philanthropy and reputational standing, and can influence public policy to achieve Hannah’s House mission
- Give a meaningful personal financial donation
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- Participate fully in one or more committees
The families we serve live and work in the diverse and unique communities throughout our county, and so do we! Since 1988, we have sought and selected Team members from different backgrounds with a variety of life experiences who are passionate about helping children and families. This commitment to community representation is how we stay true to our mission of strengthening all of our communities through building stronger families with thriving children. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for nonprofit service, you will find a home at Hannah’s Family Center.
We look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you may have about potential leadership & volunteer opportunities at HFC!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com