Website Living Coast Discovery Center
Living Coast Discovery Center inspires the community to connect with and care for our coastal environment.
The purpose of the Board of Directors is to govern the Living Coast Discovery Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Board is responsible to establish the future direction of the organization and ensure that Living Coast Discovery Center has the resources necessary to fulfill its mission.
– Be committed to the Living Coast’s Mission and Vision
– Become a Member of the Living Coast
– Serve on at least one Committee annually
– Attend, at a minimum, 75% of Board meetings (every other month, currently by Zoom) and 75% Committee Meetings annually (once a month and as needed)
– Be willing to make a personal financial commitment of $2,500 annually. This may be contributed by personal gift, family foundation, through the member’s corporation, or combination of all three sources
– Support Living Coast activities by personally attending and bringing guests. Activities may include, but are not limited to: Fundraising and Special Events, Member Events, and Community Events
– Represent the Living Coast in the community and within respective circles of influence
– Become familiar with the Living Coast’s programs, exhibits, and outreach
– Actively oversee fiscal, legal and ethical integrity of the Living Coast
– Establish the strategic direction for the organization and support the Executive Director and staff to implement it
– Board members will serve a three year term to begin. As a new Board member, it is important that the terms are staggered so that all the Board members do not term off at once
– Board members may serve up to three consecutive terms and are required to step off the Board for one year before being eligible to serve another three terms
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com