Website San Diego Therapy Center
San Diego Therapy Center's mission is to improve the life circumstances of victims of trauma, especially children and their families, and stop the cycle of abuse and victimization, through providing specialized, trauma-informed counseling and neurofeedback services in a safe and caring environment at low-cost in order to increase mental health care access for the underserved and disenfranchised.
San Diego Therapy Center’s mission is to improve the life circumstances of victims of trauma, especially children and their families, and stop the cycle of abuse and victimization, through providing specialized, trauma-informed counseling and neurofeedback services in a safe and caring environment at low-cost in order to increase mental health care access for the underserved and disenfranchised. The vision is to provide quality, no cost to low cost Trauma Therapy and Neurofeedback services for trauma survivors unable to utilize insurance or do not have the financial means to pay for services.
Trauma Recovery Services are provided to those in our community for children, families, and veterans who have been impacted by trauma, including child abuse, domestic violence, human trafficking, homicide, military, and other traumatic events. Trauma-informed counseling and neurofeedback services are provided to children, adults, and families, along with parenting programs and support groups.
SDTC is looking to increase the size and diversity of our Board with 2-3 individuals who represent an ethnicity other than Caucasian and have experience and competencies that may include:
- Law with legal contracts or court system
- Law with nonprofit and/or psychology field experience
- Mental/Behavioral health/Medicaid billing
- Non-profit county/city/state funding.
As a board member you know and understand our mission and vision, determine, monitor, evaluate, and strengthen the programs and services of SDTC. You are also responsible for ensuring effective organizational planning and legal and ethical integrity.
The following is a listing of the Board’s major responsibilities:
- Preserve and when necessary reshape SDTC’s mission
- Establish strategic direction and ensure setting of annual organization goals and priorities
- Oversee fiscal policy, financial controls and approve annual budget
- Ensure adequate funding and resources for the organization to fulfill its mission
- Assess performance of the organization against its mission and key program priorities
- Advise on and monitor agency’s policies and programs to ensure effectiveness and alignment with mission and goals
- Build/enhance the SDTC’s public image and reputation with key stakeholders/community
- Identify and recruit volunteer leadership – board members, committee members, volunteers
- Select, develop and evaluate the Executive Director
- Assess and improve Board’s collective performance
In order to carry out the general Board responsibilities, individual Board members agree to perform the following specific responsibilities:
- Be an ambassador by actively supporting the mission of San Diego Therapy Center
- Attend at least 75% of the scheduled board meetings.
- Make an annual financial contribution of at least $500 that is personally meaningful
- Assist with fundraising strategy, goals, and implementation
- Attend a minimum of 75% SDTC events per year.
- Be informed about SDTC’s programs and services.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Comply with the Conflict of Interest policy and disclosure form.
- Participate actively on at least one Committee
- Committees vary in their level of activities, but typically meet as needed. The committees include: Board Governance, Budget and Finance, Legal, Fundraising, and Cheerleading.
Board Meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 2PM virtually. (Time may change to accommodate members.)
New board members serve an initial term of one year, followed by subsequent terms of two years. The number of terms a board member may serve is not limited.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com