Website The Clearity Foundation
Clearity Foundation strives to improve the survival and quality of life of women with ovarian cancer. We give hope to women with ovarian cancer and their families. Founded in 2008 by scientist and survivor Laura Shawver, Ph.D., Clearity Foundation seeks to revolutionize ovarian cancer treatment.
The Treasurer accepts responsibility for the overall financial management of the foundation. Working in collaboration with the Finance Committee, Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer, the Treasurer implements policies and procedures that advance the strategic goals of the organization and ensure a healthy fiscal position.
1. Ensure sound financial planning and, in collaboration with the Finance Committee and Chief Financial Officer, assist staff in the development of the annual operating budget for board approval.
2. Oversee tax return completion and recommend appropriate audit activity to comply with all required financial reporting (including the IRS Form 990) in a timely manner and in keeping with GAAP accounting principles.
3. Work with management to review appropriate actions taken to manage payroll, required insurance (e.g. General Liability, D & O, and Workers Compensation, etc), and benefits related to human resources.
4. Serve as finance liaison to the board as Chair of the Finance Committee. Oversee creation of monthly reports for board review (e.g. operating statements, P&L, cash flow, balance sheet, etc.). and translate financial concepts and information to encourage strategic thinking about the short and long term financial vitality of the organization.
5. Work in collaboration with the Board Chair to advance the foundation financially and strategically.
6. Recommend policies and procedures for continuous improvement and in accordance with best practices; work with management and the Board to create and maintain systems for ensuring the organization’s ongoing solvency.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com